P: 604.588.6528 (Ext 2)
Medical Office Assistant: Shannon
13737 96th Avenue
All referrals are submitted to a central intake process to enable quicker access to care.
Dr. Sean Brown
B.Sc. (Chemistry), MD, FRCS(C)
Dr Brown is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in lower extremity reconstruction. In addition to complex primary and revision hip and knee reconstruction, he also performs knee arthroscopy and ACL reconstruction.
Dr Brown has been practicing at Surrey Memorial Hospital since 2005. He also has privileges at Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Center and Delta Hospital. He is a former Head of the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and former Chief of Surgery at Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Center. He is a Clinic Instructor with the University of British Columbia, and is involved in the training of medical students and residents.
- 1990-1994 St Mary’s University, Halifax, NS. BSc (Hon) Chemistry
- 1994-1998 Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS MD
- 1998-2003 Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS Orthopaedic Residency
- 2003-2004 University of British Columbia, Royal Columbian Hospital Fellowship in Lower Extremity Trauma
- 2004-2005 University of Toronto Mt Sinai Hospital Fellowship in Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Reconstruction
Professional Societies and Associations
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
- Clinical Instructor in the department of Orthopaedics at UBC
- Canadian Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- BC Orthopaedic Association
- Canadian Arthroplasy Society
Types of Surgeries and Care Provided
- Primary hip and knee replacement
- Revision hip and knee replacement
- Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopy, meniscal repair, menisectomy
In his spare time, Dr Brown enjoys golfing, music and spending time with his wife and three children.